As mentioned in previous blog entries, the Sleek Fleet carrier network continues to deliver freight across America. We’ve checked in with truck drivers across America, who haul with Sleek Fleet, to see how the transportation industry has been impacted. We also asked for advice on how carriers can stay safe during the crisis. #SleekTruckerStory
Our first entry comes from Andrew Krynski, an independent driver in Illinois. He said people are taking great caution and keeping their distance during load pickup and drop off.
He shared that warehouses are stepping up and providing drivers with cleaning supplies like hand sanitizer. The following tips have helped Andrew remain healthy while hauling freight into high impact areas like Chicago:
- Clean your cabin regularly.
- Avoid fast food on the road; pack your own breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Call the warehouse ahead of time to confirm and understand new procedures (if any).
- Leave POD on the wall or trailer floor to aid social distancing.
- When filling up on gas, get a full tank to limit the number of stops needed.
There’s no doubt that professional truck drivers have one of our economy’s most demanding and important jobs, especially during times of crisis. We appreciate Andrew and all of the other drivers who #KeepAmericaMoving. Thanks Andrew! #StaySafe
We also want to spread awareness of the free Trimble MAPS Covid-19 Safe Havens app. It provides up-to-date information on truck stops and amenities and no login or email is required.
The information can be found at https://covid19.trimblemaps.com.
Join our newsletter. click here